Wow! Another week that has gone past amazingly fast! This week's project was supposed to be working on clearing some of the clutter out of the house. Instead, I ended up working on another benefit for the lady I mentioned earlier who needs the lung transplant.
Today was the climax for the week. The benefit was a BBQ dinner and we took orders from all over our town and the larger town nearby. In all, we had over 600 plates ordered that needed to be delivered. Not to mention all the plates we had to prepare in order to sell to people who happened to drive by and want a plate of Carolina BBQ. I believe we prepared well over 1,000 plates of food and when I left to take A home for a nap this afternoon, there were about 120-150 plates of food left to try to sell. Plus the jar that we had out for donations was almost completely full! God has just worked amazingly today!
The weather was supposed to be very bad today. You know how it is. Plan an outdoor event and just expect a 75% chance of thunderstorms... But instead, we were blessed with cool enough weather to be outside most of the day and still be comfortable. And we were blessed with sunshine!
The girls though... The girls were wonderful! I was able to leave A inside the building to play while I worked outside. There was only one small incident involving our youth pastor, but otherwise, A did beautifully! (our youth pastor accidentally knocked her underneath a table!) And last night for the final meeting, both N & A were content to play outside with each other while I worked on other things.
So, another long week, but an amazing time.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment